Wednesday, May 3, 2017
Guest Blogger M. C. Walker Debuts New Book at Blessed & Curvy
One More Thing
Authored by M. C. Walker
BISAC: Fiction / Contemporary Women
Free spirited, thirty something, dancer Monica Charles doesn’t have the greatest track record when it comes to men, but now Anthony's come along. Handsome, funny, and attentive, Anthony. He could be her Mr. Right. Things are looking up for Monica… apart from one small problem, well a rather large and annoying problem...., District Attorney, devilishly handsome and charming, Chase Fitzpatrick, is back and ready to put a ring on it. Monica's happy with Anthony and nothing can come in between their love, right? Chase is not taking no for an answer and will do anything to get the woman of his dreams back into his life...forever. What happens when our past interrupts our future? Monica's about to discover that the past can come back to haunt you, and the future you imagined could slip right through your fingers. Discover one woman's search for happily ever after one more time.
Author's Q & A
Where did you get the idea for this book? The idea from the book came from a short story. It was a simple story that soon became complex when I thought of the characters past and how she imagined her future. Some people leave footprints on our hearts and others leave scars. I wanted to explore the scars that we presumed are healed when we leave a relationship. Those scars teach us lessons and prepare us for the perfect love. What happens when those scars are reopened?
2. What traits and other tidbits do you share with your main character? I’m stubborn about what I want in life or about whom I love. When I set my mind to something, there is no negotiating with me. I’m going to get what I want by any means. In love, it’s all or nothing. I’m the resolver in the relationship. When I love you, it’s forever and always.
3. Did any of your inspiration for this book originate in your real-life experiences? Some of my real-life experiences inspired the book. I have stood on loves doorstep and confessed my
love. I have loved two people at once and I know what it’s like to pursue a dream and have no one to understand.
4. What made you decide to self-publish? Like most writers I eagerly wrote my first manuscript and went looking for an agent. After numerous rejection letters, I licked my wounds and went to figure out what was it that I was doing wrong. It was during that process that I learned more about the business. Self-publishing just felt like the most rewarding and humbling experience for my literary journey.
5. Are there any specific authors whose writing styles or subject matter inspired your book? I’ve always been an avid reader and many authors have inspired me. Just to name a few, Eric Jerome Dickey, Julia Blues, Electa R. Parks, Victoria C. Murray, and many more. They are all powerful storytellers and I aspire to make them proud.
6. Do you have another project in the works? If so, what is it? I have a few titles in mind. For May 2017, I have a love story about two sisters racing to the alter, titled Jumping The Broom.
7. What’s your book about? My book is about a young woman, Monica Charles that has big dreams for her life. Yet, she yearns for support from those around her especially in her family. She goes out for her dreams and meets the love of her life. They fall in love and things fall apart. She gets a second chance at love. She’s found the one. That is until, her past interrupts her future.
8. What’s your writing background? My writing background just comes from my love of reading. No degrees. Just trial and error. Reading vastly, attending workshops, and never giving up.
9. Why should someone want to read your book? Someone should read my book because it’s a relatable story that crosses gender and age. If you have ever had a dream and decided to go for it, this book is for you. If you ever loved someone and considered a second chance, this book is for you. If you believe in love and your dreams, this book is for you.
10. Who will like your book? If you are a new writer, it could be a good idea to name a few well-known writers who write in the same genre, ie “If you like emotional rollercoasters about love/relationships and the journey of self-love like Julia Blues, Lutishia Lovely, and Zuri Day you will probably enjoy my book.”
11. Where can a person find a copy of your book? Amazon or on my website
12. What do you have to say about your book/writing experience? There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you. – Maya Angelou
Where can a reader find more information about you, the author? On my website, www.mcwalkerwrites.com
Born and raised in Atlanta , GA. From an early age M.C. could be found nestled in a corner inside a book or at a local bookstore. With the passion of learning and reading pushing her forward, writing became a natural progression of becoming an author. M.C. Walker is a poet, blogger, independent freelancer/ghostwriter, publisher, and bestselling author featured in the hot anthology from Brown Girls Publishing The Dating Game. She has been writing creative fiction and poetry since childhood. M.C. Walker is an active member of The Georgia Writers Association, The Atlanta Writers Club, and Women's Fiction Association. She is currently working on her debut novel One More Thing. Available March 31, 2017. In between raising her two handsome sons Khamani and Terrance Jr. M.C. Walker is committed to pursuing her goals, growing personally, and professionally, and above all else living a life that glorifies Christ. It is through her spiritual relationship with Christ that the author has felt compelled to inspire, motivate, and transform the lives of those around her through her work in the literary industry.
Contact me : firstname.lastname@example.org (404) 447-5238
Thank you M.C. Walker for being a Guest Blogger at Blessed & Curvy. Wishing you much success with the new release!
Patricia A. Saunders
Blogger, Author, Poet